Moore County, Tennessee Court System

On the 8th of January, 1884, the county court appointed a committee to select and secure a new location for a Public Square. And in July of the same year the committee reported that they had deeded the square on Mechanic Street back to its former owners, and secured title to the Public Square where the court house now stands. Their action was approved, and a building committee, consisting of R. B. Parks, John E. Bobo and W. D. L. Record, was then appointed, with instructions for the construction of a court house. This committee awarded the contract to S. …

Moore County, Tennessee Court System Read More »