Watts

Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Lenoir City, Tennessee

The Pleasant Grove Cemetery is also known by the name of Crandall Cemetery. From the intersection of Interstate 75 and Highway 95, travel east on Highway 95 for about 0.4 miles and turn left onto Town Creek Road. Travel on Town Creek Road for about 0.4 miles and turn left onto Shaw Ferry Road. Travel on Shaw Ferry Road for about 0.1 miles. The cemetery is on the right. There are many unmarked graves. Listed by Robert L. Bailey, 2 Apr 1988. Surname First Name Birth Death Remarks ALEXANDER Andrew H. 25 Oct 1824 21 Aug 1826 s/o L. & …

Pleasant Grove Cemetery, Lenoir City, Tennessee Read More »

Blount County Tennessee Chancery Court Records 1850 – 1900s

The government of Blount County, Tennessee has created an index for their Chancery Court records covering the years of 1850-1900s. These records are stored in twenty-nine boxes with an archives copy stored on microfilm. This index is reproduced below in a searchable format. Click here to see their pdf version of this index. Chancery court cases contain records of equity cases, some divorces, estate disputes and other private suits.

Tennessee The Volunteer State 1769-1923 title page

Early Blount County Tennessee Forts

Blount County was formed in 1795 from Knox County and named for Governor Wm. Blount. Its county seat, Maryville, was named for Mary Grainger Blount, wife of Governor Wm. Blount. The settlement of this county began in 1785 and the early settlers were much harassed by the Indians. Nine places in this county have been deemed worthy of being commemorated by historical markers. These places are as follows: McGaughey’s Fort Although McGaughey’s Fort was in Sevier County (established in 1794), it was on the line of the old Indian War Trail which extended through Blount County, and was a great …

Early Blount County Tennessee Forts Read More »

Scroll to Top